November 26, 2009

The Flow

Recently, I borrowed this book Flow:The Psychology of Optimal Experience by Mihaly C from Chicago Public Library. I had heard a lot about this book earlier and once I checked it also in one of the bookstores in Bangalore, but didn’t buy it as the print of the book is quite small. However, recently, my desire to explore the book increased multi-fold, especially after interacting with a friend who is a lot into spirituality. So, I borrowed it and started reading it. The first chapter itself is quite amazing as it talks about what is a flow and the anatomy of the way our brain deals with “self” and consciousness. One very interesting thing which Mihaly talks about in this chapter is the  relationship amongst our  past experiences, goals and the way we process external stimuli. I am sure I haven’t got it right, but it was a new way of looking at why a varied set of experiences make an individual a different person. I should say that even thought the book is quite cryptic and requires solid attention while reading, I am thoroughly enjoying it. Wondering what it would take to get the book printed using big fonts. Time for Kindle, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home